You might not think, when you throw on a pair of sunglasses on a sunny day or on holiday, that there are rules to follow. According to FHM, there most definitely are rules for wearing sunglasses, and breaking them can be fairly disastrous both for your street cred and your love life.
So guys, before shopping for sunglasses or popping on a pair, make sure you:
1. Avoid mirrored lenses when talking to people. There is nothing much more disconcerting than staring at your own reflection when talking to someone in mirrored lens sunglasses, so these are best avoided in social situations.
2. Check the opacity of your lenses before taking a sneaky peek. Whether you’re checking someone out or just plain staring under what you think is the safe cover of your sunglasses, make sure you don’t get busted thanks to transparent lenses.
3. Don’t wear them at night. Unless you’re a celebrity or it’s a particularly bright evening, don’t wear your sunglasses when it’s dark outside – you’ll just look stupid.
4. Reconsider wearing your sunglasses on the top of your head. If you’re just showing off your new designer sunglasses, this is a bit of a no-no. If you simply don’t have pockets, then it’s ok.
5. Don’t match your sunglasses with your face shape. For example, if you have a round-ish face and you wear round sunglasses, you’ll only draw attention to and exaggerate the roundness. Instead, balance out a round face with more angular frames.